Eric Forster, LLM, MBA, MAFF
|Eric Forster is the Managing Principal of Forster Realty Advisors. With more than 35 years in the industry, he has become a recognized expert in the areas of real estate and mortgage fraud, brokerage standards and practices, RESPA, TILA and HOEPA violations, as well as escrow practices . He served as the Co-Chair of the Real Estate Experts subcommittee of the American Bar Association from 2009-12.In addition, Eric is active in ADR (alternative dispute resolution) and is on the real estate mediation panels of the Los Angeles County Superior Court and the American Arbitration Association. He has arbitrated civil claims for The New York Stock Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade.Eric is the author of the Mortgage Applicant’s Bible, a mortgage primer, as well as numerous trade articles. He has written a Q & A real estate column for the past 20 years.
In addition, he has been arbitrating business disputes for both the American Arbitration Association and the New York Stock Exchange.
University of London City School of Law, LLM (International business law, with emphasis on arbitration) Pepperdine University Graziano Graduate School of Business, MBA (Thesis: The economics of enterprise IT conversion)
Cornell University Johnson Graduate School of Management (Graduate certificate in Economics and business strategies)
Certified Master Analyst in Financial Forensics, NACVA, MAFF (With a specialty in commercial real estate damages and lost profits)
Harvard Law School (PON), Advanced training in negotiations
American Arbitration Association, Arbitration I and II
UCLA , Advanced mediation training
GTF, D. Med., Mediation ethics
- American Bar Association (Chair, Real Estate Experts Subcommittee, 2009-2012)
- California State Bar (Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration, Public Member, 2011-2012)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- American Real Estate and Urban Economic Association
- American Arbitration Association (Real Estate panel)
- Board of Arbitrators, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (Arbitrator No. A55740)
- Board of Arbitrators, National Futures Association (Arbitrator No. 0412838)
- Mediation panel (Real Estate panel), Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Southern California Mediation Association
- Institute of Forensic Science and Public Policy – AJS
- Beverly Hills/Los Angeles Association of Realtors
Send e-mail to Eric Forster by clicking here.